Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Rida Rida Horse

This is Rida Rida Horse. Barbara drew him up just for me, my Grandma use to rock me on her knee and sing the little Rida song to me. I don't know many of the words because half of them were in Swedish, but I remember it having to do with riding the horse to town. What good memories I have of her. The brownish background was Thanks to Barbara and the Tips, Tricks & Techniques OX021 she taught yesterday in her blog, Forgotten Scraps. It was really fun to do.
This card is for Little Miss Muffet Stamps Challenge #6 Stitching, so come on over and join in with us.


I have entered this at:
The Shabby Tea Room Week #55 Flower Palette
Paper Playtime #42 Digi Monday
Pink Paper Paradise #30 Inspirational Creations
The Paper Variety Challenge 1-2-3 (1 stamp, 2 ribbons, 3 DP)
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge #50 (1 Image, 2 embellishments [lace and flowers], & 3 Design Papers)
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge #66 "Shabby Chic"

I had to come back in and add a close up of my horse and the painted background, enjoy.


Copic sketch markers:
Horse: 0, W00, W0, W1, W2, W3, W4, W5, W6, W6, Y18, BG000, BG72, YG23
Background: YG23, Y18, BG000, R81, E50, E31, E33, E35
Stamped on Cryogen White by Cut Card Stock, DP is Old World Mat Stock by DCWV, Pearls and ribbon by Stampin-up, Prima Roses and Michaels Roses, the rest is from my stash.



My daughter and I have lots of fun making cards together. This one she taught me to do the background. Click on the file folder and see the one she made at the same time.

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely card. Corner of pearls is gorgeous!
    With best wishes,
    Viktoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Peggy and your stitching looks fabulous. I love this little rida horse image and you've coloured it beautifully. Hugs Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Peggy! I love that lace along the bottom! And your background has come out really cool!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background - can't believe you colored it! It looks like it came from the store. I love the pearls in the corner and the grey horse is perfect! :D Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Peggy!!! This is just precious!!! It couldn't be more perfect!Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful creation this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautfiul!! Love that sweet image! Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card! I love the trims and flowers you used. Thanks so much for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peggy, Your card is beautiful!! Love the trim & pearls and the horse is so playful & sweet. Thanks for playing w/us at The Paper Variety. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Peggy. Fantastic creation . Love that horse and the layout as a whole . Thank you for sharing and linking to Michelle's Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card! Love your embellies! Thank you for joining in at paper playtime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous Peggy!! Thanks for joining us this week at Penny's. Good luck!

    Courtney~

    ReplyDelete
  12. So darling! Love everything! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Variety :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful hun, love that lace!!!
    Thank you for playing along with us @ Paper Playtime!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super card.
    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty this time round, hope to see you again soon.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete