Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, March 14, 2011

QT American Quilt

This quilt came from the McCall's Quilting 100th Issue magazine. It was a simple quilt to make and making an American quilt is something I have never done before. I adapted the quilt to use my Accuquilt hexagons cutter. So I sewed strips of fabric together and then cut them with the Accuquilt cutting all of my hexagons at once. then I sewn them together using the sewing machine. I needed to make the blocks a little smaller, but the rest of the quilt was easy to change because it was all straight lines.


This is the back of the quilt. A dear friend gave me a charm packet of American fabrics so I used them and even had a few scraps of the top I could use up.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, such a surprise and very well done! Do you have plans to tea-dye it or leave it traditional colors?

    ReplyDelete