Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, November 10, 2012

QT Design Wall


OK, lately there has been allot said about design walls and I wanted to show you mine.  This wall is 85 inches by 95 inch, perfect for hanging a whole quilt.  I stapled Warm-N-Natural on this wall 12 years ago and it is still going strong.



Until I got my second long arm machine I could see the whole wall from any where in the room.  No more straight on pictures now, but I can still see the wall and when I am quilting I just have to look up and think about what is next.  The light is a little different depending on where you are standing because of 4 large windows on the side.  Some of these are 9 blocks strips sewn together and I have even hung the whole quilt top on this wall after it got sewn together just so I could look at it and think about how I wanted to quilt it.


This is from where I stand at my long arm machine...good view hu?  I run a ceiling fan on high most of the time and have never had a problem with the quilt pieces falling down, but I do not have big guss of wind.  If you are a pinner you could put a foam board behind it.  When I get to many threads, I just get my lint roller out and roll it down.  Also, I was always going to put a small molding around where the stapled are.  That's what I did at my last house, but I have never got around to it here and it still works just fine.  I am not worry about the staple holes or if I want to stick a pin into the wall, someone else can worry about that.  Although I have not used more than about 15 to 20 pins on the wall, just have not needed to.

So that's it for now.  Hope you have a design wall in your house as well.  I will come back again and show you other design boards I have.  Have a Happy Day.

1 comment:

  1. It looks stunning Peggy! Really love the design of this quilt! Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete