Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, December 24, 2012

Easy Street

 Merry Christmas Everyone.....

I just couldn't wait until after Christmas to sew, sooooooo my Easy Street Part 5 is done!  Bonnie Hunter over at Quiltville Quips & Snips is doing this Mystery Quilt called East Street.  So check her out and all the other quilters that are doing this quilt.


 I am teaching my Grand-daughter Kayla how to quilt.  We are doing Bonnie's Striped blocks:  Kayla is getting a Singer 99K for Christmas and her love for the old machines has really got her on a roll.


These are her blocks:

 
As I am teching her, I am sewing myself up some, but I don't know what I want to make yet, so I have not cut them.
 
 
 We have gone over to EQ7 and designed a quilt for Kayla.  Because I don't really see this quilt getting done right away, you can at least see what it is going to look like.  We are doing 18 inch square blocks, just so it can get done faster and sooner.
 
 
Enjoy
&
Have yourself a Merry Christmas

5 comments:

  1. How wonderful to share the love of quilting with your grand daughter. May you also have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the string blocks and the quilt layout. Your Easy Street units look lovely with the turquoise and green. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Easy Street colors!
    Kayla looks right at home in front of that fabulous machine! This is going to be a great quilt! I'm sure it will be together sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all are having fun. I am teaching my granddaughter to quilt too. We just did the Craftsy 2012 BOM quilt. It was a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new quilter is born! Mystery is looking good too!

    ReplyDelete