Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, October 31, 2011

QT Farmer's Wife Quilt Blocks #2

I am back with more Farmer's Wife quilt blocks, but today I am starting with my 30's prints. But I also want to talk to you about thread. There are 2 new threads on the market today. One is Aurifil and the other is Presencia. I love both of them and I have them in my stash. Which one do I like the best depends on what I am doing. First, lets talk about Aurifil.... I love the colors and you can get it in different weights. I have seen 50 and 60. I love to use the 60 when I am doing applique and hand sewing and the colors are great and MANY quilters are starting to use it these days. Presencia comes in different weights as well, I have seen 50 and 60 but I know there is another one. This is the thread that Harriet Hargrave's uses and sells at her store. She uses the 60 weight for piecing, sewing and quilting and the best thing is that it comes in the large cones! Great for machine quilting and sewing on the sewing machine. Another thing about using these 60 weight threads is that more fits on the bobbin so you don't have to stop and fill it so many times! That means more sewing! With your handwork the thread just blends in and you can't see it. I have seen seen the Aurifil in the stores more, so we need to let our quilt shops know we want Presencia too!



Now on to my Civli War blocks.... This is what started all of this and with our last trip, I got behind. I still need to do 3/4 more blocks to get caught back up. Thinking that my next set of blocks would not come until next week, I thought I would have plenty of time.....then they came. Oh well, there is always next week.....But for now I am packing up to go to the Houston International Quilt Show and there will be no more sewing until after I get back home. Hope to see you there!





So my Farmer's Wife Blocks using the Flora fabric is coming along slowly and with being behind, I did not make as many of these. More will be coming. Please enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment